According to the holistic board, the nutritional needs of both the genders vary; men need food that will maintain the muscle mass and keep prostate cancer at bay. By maintaining a healthy lifestyle alongside good habits and proper nutrition men can lead a healthy life both physically and mentally for long into old age.
Here are 10 food that can benefit the male gender
- Oysters: Rich in the mineral zinc required by all the cells of the body for various processes including producing DNA and repairing cells, Oysters must find a place in your daily diet.
- Bananas: Rich in magnesium, potassium and vitamin B6 bananas are quick sources of energy that regulates blood pressure and the heartbeat.
- Fish: Get the daily dose of Omega-3 from fatty fish.
- Broccoli: Cruciferous vegetables are loaded with vitamin C, beta-carotene and an anti-cancer chemical called sulforaphane.
- Brazil nuts: Rich in selenium these nuts help prevent heart disease and cancer. They reduce bad
- Whole grains: Men have a tendency to accumulate weight around their waists. This can be avoided if they eat the right kind of carbs. Men should include whole grains in their diet; they can have whole grain pasta or quinoa salad which is good for the prostate. Even oatmeal and barley are good for the prostate.
- Plant stanols: Cholesterol is usually absorbed in the intestine but when your diet is rich in plant stanols this does not happen as they inhibit cholesterol absorption in the gut. Plant stanols are naturally present in vegetables and fruits.
- Soybeans: Rich in isoflavones, soybeans are essential in a man’s diet as they are good for the prostate and the heart.
- Berries: All berries are rich in anthocyanin and vitamin C. these berries delay brain aging too.
- Orange vegetables: vegetables colored red or orange is especially beneficially for men as they are replete with Vitamin C and beta-carotene which protect from damage from the sun.